Friday, May 29, 2009

I got shot 33 times…

Yes, that is right. I have been injected 33 times with basically battery acid. I have made it to my maintenance level for my allergy shots. Go me! Now, I just have to go once next week, once two weeks after that then once a month for FIVE years. As opposed to two to three shots a week.

I must say, my allergies are much better.
My Infectious Disease Dr tried to get me to the allergist after the first time I saw him (Dec 07). He said my histamine level was too elevated. I said, I know I have allergies, duh and didn’t think much of it. After all I had sinus surgery back in Jan 05 for an infection and to remove polyps so I thought I was good to go.

Then this past Dec, I got such a bad sinus infection I had to do three days of IV antibiotics. So I decided to take the allergy thing more serious and started allergy shots. And guess what…no more sinus infections.

I got shots back when I was in high school, all the way through college. So, I wasn’t exactly excited to do it yet again.

Interesting my allergies developed shortly after I got bite by the tick (June 1994). Nooo, it’s not interesting. That what happens when you go undiagnosed with Lyme. Your health goes to crap.
Looking back, I wish I never had the sinus surgery. I wish I had been offered IV antibiotics. The Dr had to go in through my gum to get to the polyp and now anytime my allergies bother me, my incision site feels swollen and drives me nuts. It wasn’t even that necessary to remove the darn polyp. I had the surgery to remove the infection, which I think IV could have done just as well. I had known about the polyp since I was 10 or so and it was no big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment